“The limits of my language means the limits of my world.”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Questions answered about the Future Leaders of Haiti

To answer some questions that have been presented to me about the Future Leaders of Haiti.

Most but not all of the Future Leaders of Haiti are students that I met while teaching English classes with (TWOL) Teach the World Online.  Some of the students are advanced students, some are still intermediate level students. When TWOL's focus changed to teaching young students, I continued teaching classes with "my" older students.  In my heart, I feel it's important for the older students to learn English because they are the ones who will be able to market their English skills, find a job, help support their family and eventually make a life for themselves with marketable skills.

All of the Future Leaders of Haiti are continuing to advance their English skills. All of the Future Leaders of Haiti have set out on a course to improve their lives and give back to Haiti.  Some students are taking college level classes via the internet, some students are teaching English in Haiti schools, some are attending Haitian Universities and some are learning the skill of Bio-Medical Technology.  

I've made it my mission to be a mentor to the Future Leaders of Haiti.  However, I do not choose their paths, it is for them to choose their course in life.  My job is to guide and support whatever they choose.  Note: I do not do it by myself.  There are financial supporters that have joined with me to help provide for the needs of the students as they are marching towards their goals.  As the trustee of the financial assistance I make financial decisions based on the individual student's needs, abilities and actions.  I take into account the individuals actions to provide for themselves.  Each individual must show they are ACTIVELY doing something to reach the goal.  

We are extremely proud of all of the Future Leaders of Haiti.  Eventually this group will become a national group covering all of Haiti.  As a group they will have the power to change the course of history.  If you would like to join with me and the other supporters either publicly or anonymous please contact me and I will give you the specifics of becoming a benefactor. 

Until that day, I hope you are all well and doing the things that make you happy.

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment