“The limits of my language means the limits of my world.”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Report from the Classroom


October 17, 2012 Report From the Classroom
Written by Elie Francois
Future Leader of Haiti and Bio-Medical Technician in training.

After a whole school year out of school I still didn't know what the next step was going to be in my life.  I didn't know what I was going to study or what was the plan God had for me, but I still stayed certain something would be revealed.  At last, the door was opened for me and I was chosen among those who received the chance to study to be a Bio-Medical Technician Repairman.  I was chosen to be one among 23 other students.  I must believe it was not random, I must have deserved it and it was in God’s plan for me.  For this reason, at all times in my life I try to prove I am worthy.  I decided to leave home and go to a place that I didn't know before the day I qualified to able to exercise the profession of Bio-Medical Technician.  Upon arriving in the "Hospital Bienfaisance de Pignon" I started thinking about all those hours of riding in the tap tap and all of the risks that could have been on the road.  Thanks to God nothing happened to me.  During those two weeks we all were from to different regions of Haiti.  We didn't know each other but at last we became very friendly.  We were so excited to study all those devices: sphygmomanometers, sterilizers and suction pumps.  When the weeks were completed, we didn't really want to go back home because it was so interesting to learn new things to help the people in the hospitals and fun all at the same time.  In fact that experience is one of the best times and the best decision in my life to study to be a Bio-Medical Technician Repairman.  All of that will not have been possible without our dear mom Vicki Kessel, the Rotary club, the teachers, the hospital and someone special who helps us pay to go all the way to Pignon.  Thank you to all who believed in me, I am looking forward to continuing my education and preparing to help the hospitals and my country of Haiti. Thanks a lot.  I will write more after the next class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment